From the Personal MBA book:
- Recruit a small group of people capable of achieving what they have set out to do quickly and with the highest possible quality. Make sure the team is not too large.
- Communicate clearly what the objective is being pursued.
- Treat people with respect.
- Create an environment where everyone can be productive.
- Refrain from harboring unrealistic expectations regarding uncertainty and prediction. Create an aggressive plan to complete the project, but be aware of what uncertainty and misleading planning can cause. Apply Parkinson’s Law constantly.
- Propose KPI to see if what you are doing works, if not, change your strategy. Planning includes learning, and that means making ceaseless changes to the plan.